Spring is here!
A general rule of thumb is to always eat your fruits and veggies, but to take your cleanse a step
- Asparagus is known as an “anti-cancer” food because of its detoxifying properties. It helps break down toxins so they can easily be filtered out of the body. It’s also loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber—all essential for our health.
- Grapefruit and other citrus fruits are powerful cleansers that aid the liver. They also beautify skin by repairing it and reducing the look of cellulite.
- Ginger is a powerful detox food because of its anti-inflammatory, digestive, and immune-boosting properties. Truly super-root!
- Apples are known for their high fiber, which is absorbed slowly in the body. They contain glucaric acid, which is known to help sweep out toxins. Some people actually do detox “apple fasts”—but just keep one handy for whenever you need a snack.
- Avocados contain loads of antioxidants, including glutathione, which protects against carcinogens while aiding the liver in the detox process. Top a salad with a few slices of avocados to reap the benefits.
- Cabbage doesn’t seem like a super food, but it actually plays a major role in helping the body break down and filter out toxins. Since it is an anti-inflammatory and vitamin rich, it also helps skin because it can lower cortisol, preventing wrinkles.
- Garlic helps cleanse the body of harmful toxins thanks to its ability to fight back against free radicals, and is considered an immune-boosting food. Add it to all sorts of meals to ensure you get the proper dose (and of course great of flavor).
- Spinach has always been touted as a must in any diet. One reason is because it helps your liver break down and expel harmful toxins. It’s also high in vitamins A, C, & B-6, as well as a good source of iron and magnesium.
Join us – start your Spring Cleaning by helping your body detoxify through healthy foods.